Ortho-K Lens Handling Instruction
Instructions on use:
- Gently rub the lens with the Sauflon One-Step solution, and then place the lens into the basket.
- Care must be taken not to press or squeeze the lenses excessively during handling as this may lead to lens distortion and breakage.
- Fill the container with hydrogen peroxide to the marked level.
- Insert the basket into the container and screw the lid closed.
- During the following 6 hours the platinum disk catalyst will neutralize the hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into isotonic saline solution (H2O) and oxygen (O2).
- The O2 gas will escape thru a pressure valve in the top of the container leaving the lens soaking in the saline solution.
- After the 6 hours of neutralization period the lenses are safe to be re-inserted into the eyes.
- Replace the cylinder case with each new bottle of solution.
It is important to ensure that the hydrogen peroxide has been completely neutralized (by allowing at least 6 hours of soaking) before placing the lenses back into the eye. Failure to do so will result in severe chemical burn to the cornea.